Garage gate cable Yonkers
Vernon’s Garage Doors of Mount Vernon can repair any broken garage gate in Yonkers, and the best part – we can do that today! Commercial overhead door, or residential garage gate, Vernon’s Garage Doors repair the majority of garage gate issues on the spot, due to to the fact that our garage gates experts carry with them the parts which are required to complete the repair on the spot. And since we service all kinds of garage gates in Yonkers, and the fact that can repair any of garage gate issue, we can repair or replace any broken garage gate cable. If you are looking for a company who service garage gate in Yonkers, Vernon’s Garage Doors are ready for the job. Whether you are looking for garage door repair near Larchmont, or for garage gate service, we are the answer for all your garage gates needs.
The impact of a cable that broke or came off a garage gate is similar to a broken spring, so it is possible that you will be unable to open the door (In case it is closed). The symptoms are almost identical to the affect that a broken garage gate spring has over the door. The steel wires, which are part of the garage gate mechanism, make that connection between the garage gate’s springs system and garage gate itself, and since without the cables the tension of the spring get lost, and since the garage gate cables carry the weight of the garage gate; if the cable snap, the door is unsafe for use.
Never try to operate broken garage gate!
Sometime the garage cable came off, but the door can still move. The garage gates in Yonkers NY are usually equipped with 2 cables. And since the door can partly operate, you might mistakenly assume that he can go on and use the door like that, but that will be a risky mistake. As we explained earlier in our article, the entire weight of the garage gate will be on the remaining cable, and it can easily break as well, resulting a dangerous situation of a heavy garage gate which connected to nothing.
One more thing: Using motor-operated garage gate with a problem with the mechanism can result with a damage to the garage gate opener. If you own a motor-driven overhead garage gate, do not use it if there is something wrong with the door, it is for your safety.
We wrote the current post abbot garage gate cable repair in Yonkers New York, but the warning to never use a broken garage gate apply to any type of problem. It can be garage gate repairs near Mt Vernon NY, a new garage gate near Rockland County: The rule is simple: If the garage gate is stuck jammed or not moving smoothly, stop using it!
Why garage gate cable come off?
Usually, when you notice that the garage gate cable snapped, you ask yourself few questions like: Who fix garage gate in Yonkers? And, what is the reason that the cable snapped. And it is impossible to give one general answer, since there are many possible explanations that can lead to a snapped garage cable. We would like to present few possible explanations to a broken steel cable, but again, this is only a partial list. And it is possible that the steel cable of the garage gate you own in Yonkers snapped for a different reason.
Sometime the explanation is simply that the metal wore was installed too many years ago, and got weakened over the years. But if the door is relatively new, and the explanation is within the garage gate itself, you need a professional garage gate repairer in Yonkers who can locate the reason the cable snapped and address it as well.
Explanations for broken garage gate steel wire:
- The broken garage gate cable was overused, and wasn’t replaced for many years (We serviced garage door cables which were installed 30 years ago). Like other parts, such as the springs or the pulleys (In case it is extension spring system), the cables can break after different amount of years, and it depend on many variables. Replacing a home garage gate cable shouldn’t be a complicated task for a qualified technician.
- The garage gate wasn’t lubricated and tuned as required. For residential doors in Yonkers or Mt Vernon, we recommend maintaining the door once every 6 months. In case of commercial overhead door, they might require more often lubrication.
- The overhead door itself, the mechanism of the door, or the metal cables weren’t installed properly, and over time the metal cable snapped. When the door wasn’t setup correctly to begin with, it can lead to problems in the future, and snapped cable is one of the possible problems. This is why we always recommend hiring a garage gate specialist for the task.
- The steel cable was rubbing constantly and slowly split open it completely broke.
- The cable that was installed is from poor quality, and it is not as strong and resistible as the high quality steel cables are. We always say that quality is something worth investing in. And when you purchase high quality parts, from a reliable garage gate service provider in Westchester County, you get in return a garage gate which is both safe for use, and that will not get stuck in the near future due to a repeating issue.
So, what to do if the cable came off?
In most events of a cable that came off, or a broken wire, it usually happen when the garage gate shut down (or in some cases while the door is movement). The explanation to why the garage gate steel wire snap when the door is close is usually since the pressure level on the wires is the highest when the overhead door is closed. When the steel wire snap, the door might seem out of balance, or might be impossible for you to open the garage gate. Trying to force the garage gate to open up, or repeatedly trying to make the door working when obviously there is something wrong with it, can only lead to a greater damage, and can even end with injuries. The best thing for you to do will be to seize using the garage gate, let other people who might try to use the door know that the door is broken, and hire a nearby garage gate company in Yonkers who will come and replace the broken wire.
Where to shop for garage gate parts?
Before we explain about garage gate parts, we would like to let you know that Vernon’s Garage Doors do not sell garage gate parts anymore! We only sell garage gate parts as part of the service! When shopping for garage gate steel cables, or any other garage gate component for that matter, you must realize that there are many different types of garage gates, and there are several different components. The steel wire which will be the right steel cable for a heavy duty overhead door in Mount Vernon NY, might not be the perfect metal cable for home garage gate in Yonkers NY. The same goes for springs, tracks, hinges, rollers, panels, etc. Two springs, which are not the same, might look the same to you, since you did not see enough types of springs and garage gates, and you might mistakenly consider two different springs as the same set of springs. If you decided to buy a new metal cable, and replace the snapped metal cable by do it yourself garage gate repairs, make sure that you are getting the right part for your door. If you are not sure, if you have questions, or want to learn more, get in touch with a local garage gate contractor in Yonkers to come and assist you.
How to replace garage cables?
In case you are planning to replace the garage cable by doing it yourself, and not to use a local garage gate expert for the job, there are few things you need to know, and this can applied for any broken overhead door in Yonkers:
- Replacing broken garage cable is not always an easy task. There are some home garage gate repairs that can be perfumed by DIY, and there are garage repairs which should only be done by a local garage gate expert. Replacing garage cable come someplace in the middle, and the answer to the question whether to DIY or hire an expert depend on many things.
- You might think that the local handyman who did some gardening jobs for you, might be able to replace the cable for you, so you just need to purchase the cable. But the truth is that some cable replacement for some of the garage gates in Yonkers are complicated, and require special tools and extensive knowledge. So do not assume that watching a DIY garage gate cable replacement Video made you an expert. Be careful, since broken doors are dangerous.
Now you probably thinking, of course they will say that, this is their job. And we are glad you asked, since we have a case study written just to answer that question:
As you should become aware of by now, a commercial garage gate is not the place for try and error. The commercial doors are dangerous, and they should only be serviced by an experienced specialist, who is qualified to handle heavy-duty doors.
We picked up a late night phone call form owner of a storage place in the Bronx, who complained that the wire of the door snapped. We informed him that we need to send an expert. He declared that he is willing to pay $50 for the wire replacement, and we responded to that we wish him best of luck and that he should get in touch with a different overhead doors contractor in Yonkers. The problem is that he couldn’t find someone that will come and replace e industrial overhead door cables for $50, therefore he decided to do it by himself.
At 2AM he called us again, begging us to come and help him, since the door dropped down and he can’t open it again. We told him that at 2AM, only to come will cost him $65, and that replacing the cable is not going to cost $50. He agreed, and we sent an expert for emergency garage gate service in Yonkers who repaired the door.
Conclusion: There are certainly tasks that require a skilled professional, and can’t be handled by just anyone who has a tool box.
Vernon’s Garage Doors New York
Vernon’s Garage Doors from Yonkers service all kinds of overhead doors and gates near Yonkers New York. Whether you need a commercial overhead door cable replacement, or garage gate spring repair, or a new garage gate motor installation, we are the answer for all your garage gates needs in Yonkers. We carry parts for all types of garage gates in New York, and we can complete any garage repair on the first visit. We can replace snapped steel wires for commercial garage gates, or residential garage gates. If you are looking for nearby garage gates company who service Yonkers area, we welcome you to get in touch with us today for same day garage gate repair service. You might be in need for garage gate repairs Mount Vernon New York, or for gate repair in Yonkers, we will be there for you.